Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Wonder of Sunningdale

Great day today. Not only was it the first real indication of summer but we got to play a gem of a golf course, Sunningdale. I had been excited about playing here as we all knew that it would be in awesome condition and a great experience also.

My 78 was not a true reflection of how I played as I felt I played much better than that. But, I learned a valuable lesson also in this style of golf course - STAY OUT OF THE HEATHER. I dont know exactly what this stuff is but it is a bloody nightmare. A ball can appear to be lying great and lure you into a false sense of security. I fell prey to this 3 times, and each time made double bogey!!!

I am all too aware of how a great short game and the ability to chip and putt is essential but if you aren't an efficient driver you're buggered, especially on tight tree-lined golf courses. I am generally a good straight driver and can hit it reasonably long but sometimes my misses aren't wide enough - a bizarre concept but sometimes being so wide of the target that you miss all the trouble is better than missing by 5 yards and being stuck right up the arse of a tree!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid game.

Was a bit of a shock to come back to MW which was pretty shocking in comparison!

Thats all for today