Saturday, March 19, 2005

Back from Ireland

Wow what can I say. Ireland was amazing, and I was out in the sticks, not in the busy towns like Dublin. Amazing scenery, friendly people, abysmal driving (seriously ambitious overtaking on narrow roads!!!) as the only negative but a very highly recommended destination.

We were staying just outside the small town of Charlestown and were in the middle of some truly spectacular countryside that thus far I have not seen in England. On Paddy's day we went to the small of Killshimogh (I think thats how it's spelt) to see the parade which was incredible. There were hundreds of different themes and it was impressive to see how passionate the Irish people are about their country.

A night out in Ireland on Paddy's day was an experience to behold! It was very refreshing to be surrounded by hundreds of drunk people and not feel even slightly intimidated. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves and having a laugh. I had quite a few people stop me on my way to the bar just to shake my hand and chat.

We also went to the town of Sligo, which was right on the coast so once again the scenes were stunning. Think I must be growing up cos that stuff is starting to impress me more and more these days.

I hate that feeling when you get back from a break and wish you were still there. I'll definitely be going back if possible.

anyways, back to reality.........