Sunday, April 03, 2005

Davies and Tate 2005 - shanking misery!

Well, what can I say? I'm not one to beat around the bush but we got anihilated, thrashed, turned over, any word that you can possibly use to describe the terminology of well and truly beaten!!!

I wont divulge the scoreline - oh ok it was 11.5 - 0.5 and most certainly not in our favour, but I would like to add that in the AM foursomes, it was myself and my brother that claimed the half point so happy days!!! Also, to big myself up in the most embarrasing way possible, I was the player that lost by the least (2&1) so I teased the lads that I was the best performer for us on the day haha.

My singles match was just an absolute joke!!!! I was drawn against an absolute wa**er who I later found out that was disliked even by his own teammates! I couldnt believe how wayward this guy was. I think he only played his second shot from the correct fairway three times in the entire match and each wayward drive - apart from being accompanied by a very loud 'FORE' shout and nearly killing someone - left him a clear shot to the green every time whereas my 5-10 yard wayward drive would leave me blocked out by huge oak trees.

Also those bloody shanks returned with a vengeance and it got to a point where I just couldnt bring myself the begin my backswing. Added to this the guy, who despite my 5 shanks to that point was only 2 up through 13 proceeded to say 'if i had played as well as i NORMALLY do, i reckon I'd have beaten you by now!' What an arrogant comment and he was obviously completely oblivious to the fact Stevie Wonder could have beaten me that day with his arms tied behind his back!!!

That spurred me on to birdie the next but only managed a half but on the 15th tee the guy topped an iron into the water and all his teammates laughed at him - an obvious summation of what they thought of him. Although I got back to one down and 2 to play unfortunately shank number 6 out of bounds ended my chances. I was gutted because I so desperately wanted the embarass the guy for his comments on the 14th tee.

There you go. I am certainly not a bad loser but this was the first time I've ever not wanted to shake my opponents hand after a match - win or lose.
The Plate competition now beckons so fingers crossed for that.......