Friday, April 22, 2005

3 down 5 to go........

Have been very busy at work lately. Have finished day 3 of 8 in a row and feeling particularly knackered but am relieved to think that my 'normal' contract will be under way soon. My boss is on a 5 day pro am in Ireland so I have full responsibility for the shop. This has come about fairly quick but I knew what I was in store for when I started the job.

Things have been going great there tho. The staff and all the members are all great and with the exception of a few initial reservations which are now resolved I am feeling very settled into what I am sure will be my permanent job for years to come.

My PGA application was returned successfully and I will receive more details about the next step when my criminal records checks (compulsory) go through which shouldnt be long.

Have tried my best to keep practising during and after these long hours but often feel tired and find it hard to concentrate. N my boss has pointed out a couple of swing flaws and practise has been encouraging. I find it depressing that I wont get to set foot on a golf course for 5 more days but take comfort in knowing i should play a bit better than i did at Wentworth so all good things come to those who wait.

The worst part of these long hours right now is that I dont seem to be speaking to R much. She lives away from me so we have to keep in contact a lot over the phone, mainly in the evenings. Recently tho Ive been getting in later than normal and we dont seem to have been talking as much. Im worried she's feeling a bit neglected, ignored etc cos maybe I havent appeared very supportive towards her recently where Ive been so tired. The fact is I miss her loads and cant wait to see her again. Its not easy when the most important person, thing etc (which she is to me) isnt around when you need them most and we both find this hard at times. The comfort is that things will go back to normal soon and we can make up for lost time.
I'm very lucky to have a person like R in my life. She's always been 200% behind my golfing aspirations and [for the price of a smirnoff ice ;)] has always listened to what I have to say and offered nothing but love, support, affection, good advice and friendship. She's my 'rock' as it where and I hope she knows it and that I represent something similar to her.

Not a very golfy blog but nevermind......