Monday, April 11, 2005

Update on career - exiting developments!

Well I think this has been my first blog for a week but it comes with exciting news. I have managed to capture a job at a very reputable golf course in the heart of Sussex, thus I am very shortly about to begin the process of turning professional!!!

This has all come about a lot sooner than I expected but I have no problem with it at all. The whole point of this blog was to give an account of not only the process of turning professional but my experiences also along the way.

I have recently received my PGA forms which mainly contain a lot of admin stuff like ethnic monitoring etc but also a criminal records bureau identity check. I'm not sure whether or not I can divulge prices so for safety I won't but i'll give you an idea.

My first process will be the admissions review programme, a 2 day thing held at the Belfry in which I understand is basically used to detail the 3 year foundation degree programme (t was a diploma but has recently changed. I first have to pay for this and the playing ability test which I have discussed in a previous blog.

Thats stage one, I will learn more and more as I get into my new job and keep this area updated.
Thats it for now, oh and I still have the shanks!!