Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Wentworth here we come.....

Well its been a while since the last the last blog but ive been busy. The new job is going very well. Had a delay in my PGA Application because I wasnt told they needed:
My passport, driving licence/birth certificate, utility bill, National Insurance Card and cheque towards the Criminal Records Bureau.
Still waiting to hear back about what the next steps are but my boss seems to think that my amateur status could be relinquished by the end of June (wow very quick!!!). The next matter would be the playing ability test. However, I know that I have to work on May 27th (the next test date) but my birthday is the day before this anyway so golf may not be such a good idea (although obviously I wouldnt go out if I was playing!)

On seperate issues, not to jinx myself but I think I may have gone 3-4 rounds shank free now which is relieving although my form at the moment is abysmal. I put this down to changes i have been making in my grip. Until recently I have neglected the basics of golf - if you dont aim in the right direction-only a bad swing will hit the ball straight and if you dont grip properly, then the clubface will aim in any position other than at the target at impact.....

Such basic concepts but I guess the more improved you get the more you take these for granted and they will cause you problems if not correct.

Today however, I am realising a dream from my young junior days. I am going to play at the Wentworth West Course (yes the one on telly) and am very exited.
Looking out the window now it is sunny but cloudy so I can only hope that mother nature is kind to us today. I've got to work 8 days in a row after this so I really wanna enjoy this last day of freedom.

I cant wait for many things there - the 1st tee shot, the 10th tee shot, all the holes from 15 to 18 wow bring it on!!!
The thing Im looking forward to the most is seeing up close the course that some players have dominated and others struggled miserably and to see where I rank in amongst them. This would be a good day to see some signs of life in my form coming back as I do not want to shoot more than 80!
We'll see stay tuned for the after thought..........