Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Great day!!!

Well I said recently that you have to document good days and bad days as part of an authentic diary and I am very pleased to say today was a great one.

Wednesdays tend to be my only GOLF day in the winter so I was excited to awake to sunshine this morning anyway. I tend to go up to my local club and play in a money school on wednesdays. I do this for a number of reasons; it's good to have a bit of competition over the winter to keep the ol' brain focused, I get to play with some good mates I dont see as much now and I also still get to play the course I have grown up on, even though sadly its condition is terrible now!

In the first installment of good fortune today, I actually won the money - the princely sum of £12.50 that was up for graps. I'm shooting some fairly decent scores at the moment actually - 72 today, 69 at Mid Sussex a couple of weeks ago and some 73's and 74's also. This is great as i'm not even playing that much so its nice for my confidence to be performing well. I also figure that with my coaching etc, this can only improve! I am so eager to commence the 2006 campaign but I know that I have a lot of hard work ahead of me when the weather improves.

My brother S is away at the Belfry this week for his PGA residential. I am really gutted to not be there also but there's no point tugging at that thread once more. He says the days are long but it is very interesting which is cool. He's doing the smart thing and paying a little extra to have a room to himself, as opposed to having to share a room with a stranger who for all he knows will be going out drinking every night and waking him up too. I most certainly will be doing the same thing. I dont see the point in risking your career on a night out and where's the fun in having a good old drinking session if you've got 8 hours of lectures the day after. As a sufferer of intense hangovers, I am most certainly not gonna take any chances when its me there!!

I got picked up in the after by Mark, a good mate from the golf club and as it turned out, he's looking to sell his car!! Long story short - I have now purchased a Silver Ford Mondeo K reg 1.8 engine! Its only done 85000 miles and I got it for an absolute bargain. In a further stroke of luck, R owns a cd player for it that she doesnt use and she is letting me have it for my car!! Thanks babe, love ya x.

So, as you can see, this was a bloody good day all in all. I'm off with R at the weekend to Barcelona in celebration of 3 years together. Wow, R you crazy lady!

Stay tuned.....