Monday, August 29, 2005

Hoping.....

Hello again. The funeral was a very sad affair indeed. I have always found it comforting at funerals to devote 110% attention to the vicar and the words they say as they can be very comforting.
It was sad to see the lady's husband, for although he demonstrated immense courage by wearing a smile to all the visitors, it was clear to see the pain and sorrow in his eyes. The two sons and daughter were incredibly brave also and I was admirable of their inner strength. I couldn't help but feel incredibly lucky that it wasnt me in that situation. I dont mean that to sound at all selfish but it has certainly changed my perspective on things and shown me that some things are just way more important than others and absolutely nothing should be taken for granted!

That being said, it's my lady R's birthday this coming weekend and I'm taking her away to Cambridge to spoil her rotten and show her how much she and everything she has done for me means to me. I rarely get the chance to do this and so a well timed bout of back pay at work will provide hopefully the opportunity to create some great memories as she deserves to be treated like the lovely lady she certainly is. I've never been to Cambridge before so am looking forward to checking out somewhere new!

Have just read my brothers online blog about his newborn baby and am pleased to report that Maxy is happy, healthy and absolutely adored by his new parents. These are the real important things in life and I think that my brother would agree that its taken him a few of lifes lessons to learn how to appreciate the good things and to be truly happy which it is great to read how he is now. I look forward now to the wintertime, the non golf season, where I can look to spend more quality time with my new nephew and catch up with my bro too.

My other bro S has been doing great too, he's virtually a professional golfer now (subject to processing of forms etc....). I havent got to play much golf with him lately as he has had a few personal bits to sort out but i've no doubt that a very promising career lies before him as he is one of the most talented people i've ever come across.

Ma and pa have just come back from a well earned two week break abroad and have had an awesome time! They particularly have given me great support recently. They have funded my last two playing tests and have really been there for me as I have been quite down in recent weeks. I'm lucky to have two such parents who are so supportive and wish to see me succeed, which it is only a matter of time before i do!

Well on to myself, the Bishops Stortford test looms thursday and as first reserve I am quite literally on the edge of my seat and praying to be given the opportunity to take my final attempt this year on familiar ground. I have accepted the 19th september in Weymouth as an alternative and although the idea of going to Weymouth is very appealing, I would rather it be on a pleasure basis than business. Oh well, needs must i suppose. I'll be honest, i dont even want to take another test this year, I'm just not in the frame of mind for it but i cant just miss the opportunity, as one good day could turn me around completely. God knows I need it for my confidence and to regain the belief that I can make a career out of all this.

Ah well, nuff said. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that i will get the call up....