Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Failure number 2 - third time lucky!

Well I wish this blog came baring good news, but unfortunately i failed my test again with what only can be described as embarrasing scores of 86 and 79!

I can't put this failure down to nerves this time. In fact my consultation with the hypnotherapist guy, Steve Griffiths (www.naturalchildbirth.com) proved to be of great use. I felt more nervous the day before to be honest than on the day itself. I was given some brilliant techniques for breathing and also using peripheral vision which definitely put me at ease.
Anyone wishing to conquer any fears or anxiety etc, I would highly recommend seeing this guy. I was very impressed about how much just one session and one telephone call changed my outlook on the whole test. The only good thing that came out of this particular test was that I know now that nerves wont be detrimental to my performance as I know how to prepare and deal with. Now, i've just got to learn how to play the bloody game again.

All aspects of my game were downright poor. I hit 6 fairways all day, 15 greens out of 36 in regulation, only got up and down 5 out of 22 times and only made 16 pars all day! I was in disbelief when i worked this out! I have been practising all these areas very hard and to be honest cannot understand how they could possibly ALL have been so bad on the day! It sounds negative but I feel like a real underachiever at the moment because I am getting no reward for the efforts I've been making and now wish I had played in the club championship before it becasue this could've raised my confidence. Ah well, rant and rave over!

I have another test next friday. I've decided to try Clandon Regis against the advice of many who have given it quite a verbal bashing. I feel the change of scenery will help and hopefully I'll have a caddie to help me this time too.

Fingers crossed. Bye for now