Monday, May 23, 2005

Phase one confirmed - here we go!!!!!

Well thankfully i finally have something to report on golf wise and the PGA thing. But before that I must comment on the amazing weekend R took me on in London for my birthday. I had the time of my life and it was definitely another experience that brought us two even closer together. Wow i must say ive been mega spoilt this weekend for sure!

She booked a hotel room for us both in the Marriott (5 star none the less!) hotel in West India Quay - about 20 metres from that huge Canary Wharf (with the triangular roof you can see from miles away) building. We went for lunch at TGI's (always a bonus) and then we went to see the Queen musical (www.wewillrockyou.com) show. Ive seen this 3 times now and recommmend it so highly! Its amazing and i'm not intentinally plugging but 2 outstanding actresses - Hannah Jane Fox (Scaramouche) and Mazz Murray (the new killer Queen) were quite literally outstanding. Mazz Murray has got to be the most talented live singer i've ever heard. I would recommended this show highly to anyone. Ben Elton has created a masterpiece that anyone would enjoy. R, I love ya thanks for such a great time - you wait for what I have in store for your birthday! Anyways, onto the golf....

I have finally received some correspondence from the PGA - my PGA 'pack' as its known. This is a large file which contains stuff such as the history of the PGA, details of PGA and trainee membership, the 2 day admissions review programme and the playing ability test. I have booked in for my playing ability now at last. It looks like my judgement day will fall on 13th June at a golf course called Bishop's Stortford golf club (somewhere up the M11 apparently). I have already launched myself headlong into my preparations. Practise has gone up from 2 to 4 buckets of balls daily (minimum!) and i am working hard also on my chipping and putting. N my boss has given some good advice with my technique and results are coming gradually but i feel i have a long way to go to get in to the kind of form I know I am capable of. Its time to find out how much is achievable in 3 weeks!!! I have also downloaded the course planner for this golf course and have analysing each hole in great detail. With any luck I should be playing a practise round within the next few days.

I must say I'm so exited that step one towards my dream is only weeks away and I am even getting butterflies now. I warn the world - I will be severely drunk the evening of the 13th if things should go my way because it will be the most important day so far in my career - after all, nothing in the future is possible without passing this test and I reckon thats a damn good reason to celebrate!! Watch this space.......