Thursday, May 26, 2005

My birthday blog

I officially became an old fart today, well 22 but thats quite old.

I treated myself for to a ticket to the BMW Championship at (yes you guessed it) WENTWORTH. It was an absolutely fantastic day. I got to follow the group which contained Colin Montgomerie (my favourite player), Nick Faldo (the greatest English player of all time - stilly pretty darn good too!!!!) and Luke Donald (the best up and coming talent not only for Europe but in the world definitely). I was amazed watching Donald. This guy has got to be the most consistent ball striker I've ever seen, an unbelievably talented golfer and I can say the speculation is true about his future. I loved witnessing it for myself and I have definitely joined the clan of people who say Luke Donald is the best player to come out of England and most certainly our best chance of a major winner.
Faldo was just a class act - he's been there and done pretty much everything but to see the determination he seemed to have today was awesome. He certainly outclassed everyone on the driving range while I was watching him and I can only be scared about the fact that he used to be even better!!!
Then theres Monty, I finally got to watch my fave player for a whole round and it certainly lived up to my expectations. I would say Montgomerie is perhaps the most naturally talented player ever. I couldnt believe how relentlessly straight he was off the tee (although I knew this already) but he would certainly be a good foursomes partner.

Other players I noted were Charl Schwartzel, a young South African with no doubt a great career ahead. If anyone wants to see how a golf ball is supposed to be hit, come watch this guy.
Ernie Els was great too altho he didnt have his best day, but he just makes the game look so damn easy its irritating.

I was inspired by watching all this good golf to go and work hard on my game which is strugglig to say the least.

However, I can now say that my goal is to get myself into this championship within the next 5 years and damn it , i'm gonna do it too!!!!