Saturday, June 11, 2005

An amazing arrival......

Well, this is a very exiting time in my life indeed. My brother N's lady A gave birth on tuesday so I am officially a very proud Uncle. They've named their little boy Max and he is as perhaps the most beautiful thing i've ever seen.

A has shown amazing courage throughout the pregnancy and the efforts she made to look after herself couldnt be more personified in the healthy cheeky little bundle that she produced. She is certainly an amazing influence on N too. The two of them both have amazing personal qualities that I am certain they will apply fantastically to parenthood and the spark between them is apparent to anyone. I'm so pleased that 'baby dave' as they affectionately named him throughout pregnancy is now part of our family and I cant wait to play the 'cool' uncle role.

I tried to pen a little poem together but am a distinct amateur. Here goes anyway:

'young max, i'd like to tell you some facts and who you are and where you're from.
Mummy and Daddy are there through the weak times and the strong.
I'm your proud Uncle Lew and i'm here for you anytime
You ever need anything, the pleasure is mine.

Ha ha, well thats all I have so far but its a work in progress. Just trying to sum up really how the people around him are there for him and he will always be safe and protected.

Anyone who wishes to read through my brothers trials and tribulations as a father in the making go to www.cainzie.blogspot.com for an informative, amusing, genuine and somewhat addictive read. Congratulations to you both - Neil from your little bro and Andrea from your friend and your also son's ecstatic uncle. Here's too an amazing future with lil Max in the Cains clan......

On the golfing front, the playing test draws ever nearer. There will be a detailed blog on my experiences - whether succesful or unsuccesful in the upcoming days so stay tuned!!!