Monday, August 22, 2005

Funeral

I have unfortunately a funeral to attend tomoro. It's an exceptionally sad circumstance because the lady is a close friend and colleague of my mother. The lady is also the mother to two guys I used to be good friends with growing up as they lived just across and due to just time and different paths I haven't seen them for ages. It will be nice to see them again, even though it is under the worst circumstance imaginable for them - i feel for them so so much!

My mother has been away for two weeks on holiday and isn't aware of this yet and i'm not looking forward to telling her when she gets back. I'm hoping that by me going to the funeral on her behalf, this will make it a bit easier for her to deal with.

This is such a sad turn of events, the lady was only 46 years old and for cancer to take her young life and take her away from the husband and three children she had always been so devoted to is in my opinion simply wrong and too devestating for words.

I have a good recollection of her as being a very nice, friendly lady who always looked after everyone around her whether it be me and her two sons playing basketball in their back garden or the hundreds of infant children she helped with at the school she worked at with my mum.
She was one of those people who didnt have a bad bone in her body. She was always helping others, particularly in school and saw the best in everybody. Why do bad things happen to good people? It's just not right!

In my opinion its high time that cancer was well and truly taken control of because it is wrecking so many families, young lives and just taking good people away from their loved ones way too prematurely in an unexplainable, undignified, painful and intolerable way!

Thus, as well as representing my mum tomoro, I will certainly be there to support two old friends and pay respect to this special lady who i'm sure is in a happy and better place now......