Saturday, July 16, 2005

'When's the next test???!'

Well, as the title implies, attempt number three was again unsuccessful. This was by far the toughest to swallow though, as I missed the target by one shot! ONE SHOT!!!!!!!

I'm honestly not one to make excuses but I do not attribute this failure entirely to bad play in the afternoon!!

The morning round, with the exception of a 7 iron that must have flown 190 yards over a par 3 green and out of bounds went very well. 75, ok not a fantastic score but a score I was content with gave me a 10 shot cushion going into the second round. 'Great' I thought, 'This lunch break will be a great chance to regain some focus and energy' (it must have been about 30 degs in the sun!!)
However, no sooner had we sat down, a man in a red top cam flying round the corner: 'you guys are due on the tee in ten minutes. You better move it if you dont want to get penalised!'
Thus, no sooner had I sat down, I was back on the first tee again with no food inside and feeling knackered from the morning round.

After a shocking start, I managed to compose myself and with 8 holes to go I had 6 shots left to play with.
But at this point, all energy and adrenaline had gone and I was literally running on empty. After a series of 3 straight doubles, I found myself on the verge of blacking out and devestated by what had happened! If anyone organisers of this event ever you read this, you guys should be ashamed. You take £65 quid off us every time for these tests and then subject us to rules beyond all sense!!!!! I'm quite pissed off by this as you can imagine and feel like this one was quite literally ripped out of my hands. It was good to play well in the morning but what seemed to be a great day turned into a nightmare AGAIN! 83 shots in the afternoon and there was me sat in the clubhouse with that now all too familiar feeling.

I've got 2 more attempts at this left this year and am now asking myself some serious questions. I can't understand why I am finding this so hard when I know for a fact am more than good enough to pass this and compete with the big guys. The next test is gonna get it. No more Mr Nice Guy sensible golfer - I'm gonna kick some serious ass cos I'm fed up with putting myself thru this!!!

Till next time.....