Monday, July 11, 2005

Will Young

I took my lady R to see Will Young last nite. We went to see him at Leeds Castle and I must say that he is very talented indeed, although it has to be that some of the dance routines were a tad err 'camp' for either our liking. That being said, I personally have always been a fan and thought he is a superb vocalist, which he certainly is.

The show was disappointingly short - a mere hour and a quarter which considering that it started 90 minutes late too and that we spent a total of 4 and a half hours waiting for the thing to begin (thank goodness for a few beers haha!). Ah well, nevermind it was still a great day with R and the music we did see was great entertainment and Leeds Castle is a beautiful place to visit for sure.

I had a practise round, well I say 'round', I walked off after 5 holes because play was horifically slow and it seems like an ok course. We could really do with some rain in the next couple of days though because the ground the was very hard and bouncy, which I hate!

I have had another consultation with the hypnotherapist. I had a good in depth discussion with him about things such as the influence of luck. 'Why should you be worried about luck when it is a factor beyond your control?' He asked me. 'Well', I thought, good point you've got me there.
I amusingly (well I thought so) added 'yeah well but its a bit irritating when you hit a good shot that bounces 90 degrees left into a bush!'
This escalated into a session in working on composure. This is vital to me me because temporament, composure, anything that involves the mental side basically are huge weaknesses of mine that i will need to sort out if I am ever to make a career out of this game.

I was given some great tips to use on the day so if they work half as well as the stuff with my nerves, I will be in good stead Friday. I'm seriously not even analysing anything about this cos quite frankly i'm more laid back about the whole thing now and just wanna find some form on the day and pass. Rest assured, if it happens this time round I will be the happiest man in the world. If not, then as I have with the other two tests, I will simply move on and concentrate on the next one - NO BIG DEAL!

One thing that is hitting home is that I have been placing way too much emphasis on this test and this has stopped enjoyment on any level of the game for me. I realised this the other day and thus have begun telling myself there are more important things and things in my life which I should feel happy about and that GOLF IS ONLY A GAME!

Stay tuned.....