Saturday, August 20, 2005

Unfortunate setback!!!

Well, I received some very bad news at the start of this week. Unfortunately I received a phonecall from the PGA saying that the last playing test at Bishops Stortford (the last test anywhere this year) had been over subscribed and therefore my entry had not been accepted! What an absolute killer blow! I know my chances this year are now slim anyway but to have my final chance taken away was an absolute kick in the swingers!

I contacted back and asked whether there was a reserve list and could I be put on it and the good thing was that I was told I was first reserve. This is ok as I guess someone may pull out but it is certainly no guarantee and I dont like the prospect of having to wait and see. I have kept the day clear from work and am more than prepared to go at the 11th hour!

A potential alternative was offered, they may be setting another test on September 14th but this is all the way up in Bolton (nearly 4 hours away!). I am very sceptical about this for two reasons: I wont get a chance to play a practise round, it clashes with the Sussex Open, a tournament in which I was very much looking forward to playing in.
But, weighing it up I cant ignore the fact that it is another opportunity which if I dont at least try, I will have to wait until next MAY! That is a bloody long time to wait.
I cant decide whether to use the accept that this year hasnt gone my way and take the chance to preare as best I can for next year! Decisions decisions. Guess i'll just wait and pray for the call up to Bishops Stortford.

On a differing note I have finally had my clubs bent to 1 degree flat as recommended in my last lesson and this has made a significant difference - I cant hit them at all but am assured I will get used to them the more I use them. Won't go on about that as I am aware it is a very boring subject.

Other than that, not a lot to report. Am just really hoping to get that call...