Sunday, September 11, 2005

Countdown to Weymouth.....

My Weymouth test looms just a week away now. I'm getting quite nervy now as I never wanted to put myself in a position where I was taking the last test available this year but there's no point in dwelling on that because it'll be wasted energy.

The course at Weymouth is a links course I believe, which will suit me down to the ground as it will be similar to the course I have been playing at all my life. I'm just praying that with it being right on the coast, the wind wont become too huge a factor as it tends to wreak havoc with my high ball flight.

That being said, I had my third lesson down at Chichester this week which transpired into good and bad feedback. I have unfortunately lapsed back in to old habits slightly but was given three drills to help me with my current faults which I am going to start working on hard this week. These drills are more sort of quick fix drills, in which the coach is hoping will get me through my test and also give me a chance of performing well in the Sussex Open, which I am playing in this week.
I was told that there are things i need to work on in the long term but we will be addressing those over the winter, a prospect I find exciting as I would love to emerge as a much stronger player next year, be it as a pro already or as an amateur still trying to make my way.

Either way, I am not gonna place too much expectation on Weymouth. If I pass, great!! I will honestly be on top of the world and feel perhaps the most relief I have ever felt because I will have saved this year. But, if for the fifth time I fail, then I will work damn hard over the winter, take the test at the first possible chance next year and to be honest enjoy the months leading upto beginning my training next september. I want this so badly, but it sure isnt gonna come easily.

Au revoir.....