Saturday, October 01, 2005

Here comes the winter.....

Well it's been a little while since the last blog but to be honest not a lots been happening except me trying to get my head round my plan of action for the winter. More on that later (if you can handle the anticipation!!!)

In just over a week R and I will be jetting off to Kefalonia (not Catalonia - or even Catatonia as I have also called it in error). I 150% can't wait to go, its been a tough old year really and the opportunity to spend a week basking in glorious sunshine and getting pissed with me lady is an exciting prospect. I have never been the most organised person so the preparations so far have been a tad lacklustre:

1) Sort out currency - uh, not yet
2) Sort out E111 form - not quite yet
3) Packing - err, will do that the night before
4) Passport - dont actually have a clue where that is
5) Haircut - probably the most important as i am starting to look like cousin it! - not done yet!
6) Buy new swimshorts - the hole in mine could prove embarrasing.....

So, as you can see i've got a bit to do.

This whole winter period will be great fun actually. As well as Greece, I am off to Barcelona in November for a long weekend in celebration of R putting up with me for 3 years (standing ovation!) and then for new year we are off to Brussels. Wow, with all of this how am i going to find time to prepare for the playing test campaign/saga of 2006. Frankly at this moment in time I dont give a monkeys cos I am gasping for a breather and feel I deserve it.

Thus, here is the plan for the winter:
1. Get in shape - lose at least a stone in weight. This will be done by focusing more on my eating habits and reducing the amount of beer i drink (i'm only 22 but feel a pro sportsman in the making oughta keep it light on the old lager. This will be tough as I love the stuff but we all make sacrifices from time to time!)

2. Continue with coaching - this will be an important part of my preparation for next year. I will continue going fortnitely to Chichester for my swing lessons which right now are very in depth work in progress. Ideally, I would like to do some work on my chipping and putting with my boss too as we have covered some initial work but will see how this goes as I know how busy he is, especially with a baby on the way in a few weeks.

3. Practise, practise, practise - I have the motivation to work over the winter and to be honest my motivation for my golf has always been high and now I have targets for next year to work towards and I know what I need to do.

4. Spend more time with friends and family - have neglected both of these over the summer due to my golf so aim to redeem myself with certain people over the next few months.

Thats pretty much it in my little world right now stay tuned......