Thursday, December 15, 2005

Satisfying round......

I had a good round today which gave me a lot of satisfaction. Score-wise it wasnt great (by my own standards) but I was pleased under the circumstances. I was invited to play in a competition for one of the member's brithdays at the club I work at. It was very nice to be invited but I was a tad nervous as I didn't want to have a nightmare round in front of them, which thankfully I didn't. 73 was a good score today (considering a bogey, bogey, bogey finish!) and I certainly didn't lose any face. I even won 3rd handicap prize! It was good for my confidence to have a lot of the members saying 'well played' to me as I suppose if I can create the image that i'm a good player to them, then this could well spur them to come to me for lessons in due course and praise isn't something I've been in over-supply of recently. I'm very lucky actually to be working at a golf club where the members have been so welcoming and friendly to me. This has kept me going at times! It's a very nice thing to have so many people interested in me and my golf and I hope eventually that this will transpire into me using my golfing knowledge and experience to help them improve their golf. I've certainly made many good friends and future golfing companions there.

The swing is actually coming along very nicely. I have taken on board a lot that I have learned over at Chichester which is working well but I am also addressing a few problems in my own way which are really starting to come together. I have had identified what the key faults in my technique are and i'm understanding it all very clearly and I think this is why I'm getting good results now - I'm actually applying myself correctly.
I'm getting excited now cos I truly believe that from these encouraging signs and my general form for the last couple of months, that I am in for a great year in 2006! I have only chipped away at working on these certain things and just feel like where I took a step backwards this year, next year I could two or even three steps forward. I'm honestly not one to tempt fate, I've just got a very good feeling about it!

That's all i'm gonna say for this one......